If you’re missing one or more teeth, you may be considering dental implants as a solution. Dental implants are artificial teeth roots that provide a permanent base for fixed or removable replacement teeth. They’re an excellent option for people looking for a long-lasting solution to missing teeth. The implant fuses into the jawbone to make firm support for artificial teeth. Dentures and bridges mounted on implants remain firm and feel more natural and convenient.
Table of Contents
How Dental Implants Work
Dental implants consist of three parts: the implant itself, an abutment, and the crown. The implant is made of biocompatible titanium and is placed into the jawbone to act as a replacement for the missing tooth root. After the implant has been placed, a healing period is required to allow the bone to grow around the implant, securing it in place.
Next, an abutment is attached to the implant and the custom-made crown is attached to the abutment. The final result should look and feel just like your natural teeth. In case the number of missing teeth are more we can give dental bridge of 3 or 4 teeth over 2-3 implants depending upon case to case.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants have several advantages over traditional tooth replacement options, such as bridges and dentures:
- Durability: With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Natural Appearance: Dental implants look and feel like your natural teeth, and they don’t affect your ability to eat, talk, or smile.
- Improved Oral Health: Dental implants do not require reducing or grinding healthy adjacent teeth, as traditional bridges do.
- Better Quality of Life: Dental implants can improve your overall quality of life by restoring your ability to eat and speak properly and by increasing your confidence and self-esteem.
Considerations Before Getting Dental Implants
Dental implants are not right for everyone. Before deciding to get dental implants, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- Overall Health: Good overall health is necessary to ensure the success of dental implants. People with chronic health conditions such as diabetes or heart disease may need to undergo additional evaluations to determine if they are good candidates for dental implants.
- Jawbone Health: Dental implants require a healthy jawbone to secure the implant in place. If you have lost a significant amount of jawbone, a bone graft may be necessary.
- Lifestyle: People who smoke or who have a habit of grinding their teeth may not be good candidates for dental implants.
How much does a Dental Implant cost?
The cost of dental implants in Mohali at 32 Sparklets Dental Implant & Root Canal Center starts from Rs. 25,000 and goes on depending on the type of implant and other surgical procedures if required. You won’t require a hospital stay because it is a short-surgical process that lasts up to an hour.
Dental implants cost in Mohali are affordable in comparison to other metropolitan cities in India. It starts at Rs. 25,000 and goes up to Rs. 45,000 depending on the treatment and type of implant placed. Since an implant can last a lifetime, if it gets proper care, you won’t require to make further investments in the implant. Once it is fit, you are ready to go.
What are various Oral care tips after getting a Dental Implant?
Immediately after getting the dental implants, the instructions are the same which are to be followed after getting a tooth extracted or a minor dental surgery for which we have an amazing article Post Extraction Instructions by Dr Garima Verma at Dentistmaa.com which can be read by clicking the following link.
After Getting Dental crowns over the Dental Implants following oral care tips should be followed:
1. Brushing twice daily.
2. Floss once a day regularly to clean the interdental spaces.
3. Regular check-up after every 6 months
4. Smoking is injurious to health and fatal for implants. Tobacco can weaken the jawbone to the point where the implant can fail to work. If you do smoke then please quit smoking.
5. Your implant is fused into the jawbone but it isn’t firm enough to support chewing frozen food and other hard items that put pressure on the jawbone.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ’s about Dental Implants
Q: Can I get an implant without a bone graft?
A: If the bone quality is good around the implant, an artificial bone graft is not required. An X-ray will suggest the quality of the bone.
Q: How much is Dental Implant Cost for one implant?
A: Dental implant in Mohali at 32 Sparklets Dental Implant & Root Canal Center Rs 25000 per tooth. Actual charges may vary depending on the clinical situation.
Q: How many visits to the dentist do I need for dental implants?
A: For dental implants usually in the first visit dental implants are placed. You might need a second appointment after a week for suture removal. After 3-4 months two to three visits are required for making the crown.
Q: What are Implant Dentures?
A:When a denture is placed over the implants it is known as implant denture.
Q: I am 80 years old. Can I get dental implants?
A: Yes, you can get dental implants. Anyone after the age of 18 years can get dental implants if they have missing teeth and no other systemic condition is there.
Dental implants are a permanent solution to missing teeth, providing a natural-looking and functional replacement. If you’re considering dental implants, it’s important to book an appointment first with the Best Dentist in Mohali Dr Garima Verma (BDS, MDS Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery) about your overall health, jawbone health, and lifestyle to determine if dental implants are right for you. With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime, improving your overall quality of life.